A cleaning expert has shared her top five tips to give you that ‘new car feel’, including tips on how to clean cup holders, hairline crevices, leather, seats and windows.
Chantel Mila, also known as Australia’s “cleaning queen”, shared the tips online, much to the delight of her followers.
The first of the five tips was a trick for cleaning hard-to-reach cup holders.
Chantel Mila aka Mama Mila has shared the five tips to give you that ‘new car feel’ including how to clean cup holders, hairline crevices, leather, seats and windows.
The mother advised viewers to clean cup holders with a microfiber cloth wrapped around a drink bottle. She also suggested cleaning the leather seats with a microfiber cloth and Glitz leather cleaner.
“Clean cup holders with a microfiber cloth wrapped around a beverage bottle,” he advised.
To clean the cup holders, he sprayed the microfiber cloth with Glitz Leather Cleaner, then wrapped the cloth around the bottom of the bottle and rotated the bottle around the cup holder.
His next tip was to clean the narrow cracks with a fine grout brush.
What are Mama Mila’s top five tips for a spotless car?
1. Clean the cup holder with a microfiber cloth wrapped around a bottle
2. Clean narrow cracks with a fine grout brush
3. Use Glitz Leather Cleaner with a microfiber cloth on the leather.
4. Cover the seats with a towel to keep them cleaner
5. Use a half vinegar and half water solution to clean windows.
The mother-of-two often shares her expert cleaning tips on social media, earning her the title of Australia’s “cleaning queen.”
He then advised vacuuming the leather seats and cleaning them with a microfiber cloth and Glitz leather cleaner.
“Bunnings Glitz Leather Cleaner easily removes tough stains on leather seats,” he said.
He also suggested lining the seats with a towel to keep them clean longer.
His final tip was to make a solution of half vinegar and half water to make windows ‘glow’.
How Mama Mila makes her house smell amazing
* Put the ground coffee or beans in a heat resistant container with a tea light. The heat from the candle will warm the coffee and your whole house will smell amazing.
* Place 10 drops of essential oil in 1/2 cup of baking soda. Sprinkle it on carpets, leave it for an hour, and then vacuum to remove odors from the carpet.
* Place lemons and hot water in an oven for twenty minutes to remove food odors from the kitchen and surrounding spaces.
* Simmer coffee beans and vanilla in a pot on the stove to make your house smell like coffee.
* Wash cushion covers with baking soda and essential oils to keep them smelling fresh longer
The mom revealed that one of her favorite tricks to make her house smell good is to bake lemons and water in the oven.
Chantel’s followers were delighted with the tips.
‘All girls should clean their cars this way. Especially my daughter. The cup holder is a great idea,” said one mother.
‘You deserve an award for your creativity and skill,’ commented another woman.
‘I love these tricks!’ another wrote.